Clary Sage Essential Oil has earned the nickname “The Woman’s Oil,” due to its benefits for women’s health, especially in relation to menstruation and menopause.
- Used in aromatherapy applications, Clary Sage Essential Oil has sedative abilities that induce feelings of relaxation, clarity, and calmness while alleviating dizziness, anxiety, and irritability. It is also known to stimulate libido in both men and women.
- Used cosmetically or topically in general, Clary Sage Essential Oil exhibits a cooling property that soothes skin afflicted with inflammation. It calms rashes, balances the production of natural oil and sebum, and strengthens the skin and muscles.
- Used medicinally, Clary Sage Essential Oil eliminates or prevents the spread of harmful bacteria, facilitates the healing of wounds, and addresses muscle aches, joint pain, strains, and sprains. It enhances circulation and is reputed to stimulate and regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Used in hair, Clary Sage Essential Oil is known to stimulate the growth of healthier, stronger strands while eliminating dandruff and preventing the production of excessive natural oils and sebum on the scalp. For an anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial scalp massage blend that addresses the problem of dandruff, dilute 5-6 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil in 1 Tbsp. of gently heated Coconut Carrier Oil. Before showering, massage this blend into the scalp and allow it to soak for 30 minutes before washing it out with a regular shampoo.
- Furthermore, Clary Sage Oil is known to contribute a deeper sense of concentration and spirituality, when diffused during prayer, meditation, or other devotional practices. For an enhanced state of awareness and attentiveness, 6 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil can be blended with 2 drops of either Frankincense or Orange essential oils before being added to a diffuser.