Pelargonium graveolens is the Geranium species that is most commonly cultivated for the extraction of the sweet-smelling essential oil.
- Used in aromatherapy applications, Geranium Essential Oil reduces feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, fatigue, and tension, enhances concentration, improves cognitive function, and balances the emotions as well as the hormones.
- Used cosmetically or topically in general, Geranium Essential Oil is reputed to effectively eliminate dead cells, tighten the skin, promote the regeneration of new skin, and diminish signs of aging.
- Used medicinally, Geranium Essential Oil works as an anti-inflammatory and anti-septic agent. It is reputed to enhance circulation, soothe symptoms of menstruation and menopause, reduce blood pressure and pain, and boost immunity.
- A Geranium Oil massage blend is known to ease puffiness, remove excess fluid in the skin and tissues, and firm sagginess. For a blend that tightens the skin and improves muscle tone, dilute 5-6 drops of Geranium Essential Oil in 1 Tbsp. Olive Carrier Oil or Jojoba Carrier Oil and gently massage it over the entire body before taking a bath or shower.
- Its anti-bacterial properties make Geranium Oil an ideal ingredient in cosmetic deodorants, as it eliminates body odor and leaves the body through perspiration.