The scent of the Lime Essential Oil gives a fresh, energizing feeling due to its sharp, sweet and fruity fragrance. This essential oil is useful during the cold and flu seasons, comes with benefits for the skin and hair, can uplift the mood, and can purify the air. In skin care, lime essential oil can act as a tightening and toning astringent that reduces the amount of oil production. In hair care, lime essential oil reduces dandruff and leaves the hair shiny.
- The Lime Essential Oil is great to add to your diffuser blends or when diffused alone. This essential oil is good to use during the cold and flu seasons, has many benefits for the skin and hair, can uplift your mood, can help you relax after a long day, and can purify the air.
- One of the many cleansing antioxidants and constituents in the Lime Essential Oil is the limonene. When applied on the skin, the limonene in the oil supports easy absorption of nutrients, giving your skin a clean look and feel. The Lime Essential Oil also works on the appearance of acne, wrinkles, dark spots, and scars. In face washes, diluted Lime Essential Oil can act as a tightening and toning astringent that reduces the amount of oil production.
- Used in hair products, diluted Lime Essential Oil eases the effects of dandruff and leaves hair shiny. To balance oil production on the scalp, Lime Essential Oil can be diluted with Apple Cider Vinegar and water to make a hair rinse. Alternatively, you can add 1 to 2 drops of the diluted Lime Essential Oil to your shampoo, massage into your scalp and wash off as usual. This leaves your hair looking glossy and scalp feeling clean and fresh.
- You can make a quick and easy diffuser blend, to energize and help you focus, by adding 4 drops of grapefruit pink essential oil, 3 drops of Lime Essential Oil, and 1 drop of bergamot essential oil. Elevate your mood to beat the stress after a long day by diffusing together 3 drops of bergamot essential oil, 2 drops of Lime Essential Oil, 2 drops of lemon essential oil, and 2 drops of frankincense essential oil.
- You can also make DIY scrubs for cleaning sinks, bathtubs, showers, and other surfaces. Simply mix ¼ cup of liquid dish wash soap with 1 cup of baking soda, and add 10 drops of Lime Essential Oil, 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil. You can also concoct your own simple mixture of essential oils to make a spray to ward off mosquitoes and other bothersome bugs. To 2 cups of witch hazel essential oil, add 5 drops of diluted Lime Essential Oil, 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin, 20 drops of citronella essential oil, and 20 drops of lemongrass essential oil. Suitable for most skin types except extra-sensitive skin, this light-textured bug repellent leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean, with a lingering citrusy aroma that keeps away pesky insects.