Olive Oil For Skin
1. Moisturizes your skin : Olive oil contains vitamin E, which improves skin health by treating inflammation, acne, and dryness. It also improves skin elasticity and its regenerative properties. The anti-oxidants, minerals and good fats, fight the free radicals, and facilitate healthy and fuller skin respectively.
2. Reduces wrinkles and signs of ageing : A face pack made with olive oil( 2 tablespoon), and lemon juice(1 tablespoon), and a pinch of sea salt, can rejuvenate your skin, and prevent it from sagging and other signs of ageing. Massage your face thoroughly, and repeat the regime at least three times a week. This would give you instant results.
3. Nail Health : Your nails need as much attention as your skin, simply dip a cotton ball in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and dab it on your nails, the vitamin E in olive oil helps bring your dry brittle nails back to life.
4. Can be used as a shaving foam substitute : Pressed for time? Can’t go for waxing? Razor to the rescue! But beware, make sure you only use shaving foam or cream and not go for soap. It can be rough on your skin. If you have run out of shaving cream, olive oil can be a good substitute to glide your blade over. Olive oil moisturizes the skin as well.
5. Treats cracked heels : Exfoliate your cracked heels, with a tablespoon of olive oil and lemon water, and see the instant results for yourself.
Olive Oil For Hair
1. Treats Dandruff : Olive oil moisturizes your hair and reduces scalp irritation, which further reduces dandruff. Just heat a cup of olive oil and massage hair generously, especially on the scalp and the ends. Let it sit for 20 minutes, post which rinse your hair with mild shampoo.
2. Moisturizes Your Hair : The hair smoothening and strengthening qualities of Olive oil is fast gaining recognition throughout the world. Bring your lifeless locks back to life, with the moisturizing hair pack of olive oil (1/2 teaspoon), honey(2 tablespoon) and a protein rich egg yolk. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to get a smooth paste. Apply the paste onto your hair and let it sit for twenty minutes, and then rinse off with cold water. Follow the regime twice a week.